This report tracks Quarterly India Mobile Handset: Smartphone & Feature phone shipments every month. This report complied of more than 200+ model level specifications which gives in depth analysis of the India market.
- India mobile handset market remained flat while smartphone market grew by modest 4% YoY during Q2 2017
- Smartphone segment contributed to close to half of the total handset market in Q2 2017
- Featurephone segment still holding strong in India and now with the announcement of LTE based smart featurephone “JioPhone” by Reliance Jio, we estimate that conversion from featurephones to smartphones is likely to slow down in short to mid-term.
- Chinese brands performance remained strong and now contributing to more than half of the total smartphone shipments. It is their second successive quarter when their market share is well over 50% after they took over local players in 2H 2016.
- Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo and Gionee were the fastest growing smartphone brands with strong offline push and advertising Blitz-Krieg.
Table of Contents:
- India Handset Market Overview
- India Smartphone ASP trends and Installed base
- India Mobile Phone Market Trends
- India Smartphone Market Shipments and Value Share by Price Bands
- India Market - VoLTE
- India Smartphone Shipment Share by Technology
- India Smartphone Shipments Share by Display Size (Inch)
- India Smartphone Shipments Share by Internal Memory
- India Smartphone Shipments Share by Primary Camera
- Top Smartphone Brands Share By Shipments & Value
- India Smartphone Market – Brand Share By Price Bands
- Handset Share by Brand Type
- Why Chinese Brands are Growing
- India Smartphone Market - Online channel growth
- India Market - Emerging Channels
- India - Smartphone Distribution Structure – 2014 vs 2016
- Predictions for 2017
Number of Pages: 21 (Full report is available for clients at our portal)
Published Date: July 2017