Face Recognition is one of the important biometrics techniques, along with fingerprint, Retina scan, and Iris scan, etc. It has been a perennial popular research challenge in personal identification and human machine interaction since its inception in 1960s, and in recent years there has been a marked escalation in accuracy thanks to the development of convolutional neural networks (CNN) and deep learning schemes in Artificial Intelligence (A.I.).
This report takes a close look at China’s face recognition technology, as its massive algorithms currently top the global rivals in Labeled Faces in the Wild (LFW) - an internationally well-known test for examining face recognition accuracy.
Table of Contents:
- Executive Summary
- Background of Face Recognition Technology
- Major Biometrics Technologies
- Breakthrough in Face Recognition Accuracy
- Elements of Face Recognition
- China’s Face Recognition Technology
- Algorithm Level
- Application Level
- Top Application Industries
- Top Vertical Application Cases