Our Q2-2018 Market Monitor report has been published. We release one Infographic in each quarter to summarize the handset and smartphone market activities in a single page.
Some quick observations from this edition:
- Global smartphone shipments declined 2% annually reaching 363 million units in Q2 2018.
- MEA was the only region to experience double digit growth at 14% YoY. NAM declined the most at 21% YoY.
- Samsung led the smartphone market by volume, even though it registered an annual decline of 11%.
- Huawei grew 41% YoY to become the second largest smartphone brand, surpassing Apple. The growth came from markets outside China, where shipments increased 71% YoY.
- Shipments for Nokia HMD grew 782% YoY, making it one of the fastest growing smartphone brands.
- Shipments for Apple were up 1% annually. It experienced a slow quarter in China and India.
- Samsung is the only Global brand to capture a spot in the top 5, in Asia. The top 4 Chinese brands captured over half of the market.
Table of Contents:
- Global Smartphone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Smartphone Market Share
- Global Feature phone Shipments Market Share
- Regional Feature Phone Market Share
Number of Pages: 1
Published Date: September 2018