• Global mobile phone shipments reached 474 million units globally in Q2 2018 with a YoY growth of 1%
• Global smartphone shipments reached 363 million units in Q2 2018 with 1% annual decline due to a slow-down in developed markets where replacement cycles are lengthening with overall smartphone features and design reaching its peak.
• LTE remains the fastest growing segment as the total LTE capable smartphone shipments grew 11% YoY to reach 367 million units.
• LTE is the number one cellular access technology driven by entry to mid-level smartphones in emerging markets.
• Reliance Jiophone captured more than 90% of the Global 4G featurephone market during the quarter. The demand for JioPhone continued through Q2 2018.
• LTE has now replaced 3G smartphones even in sub $50 segment.
• Almost 95% of the smartphones shipped globally now are LTE capable. With LTE now being a default technology in entry-level smartphones, we have witnessed the growth of VoLTE phones in sub $100 segment as operators are now offering VoLTE services in the emerging markets.
Table of Contents:
Pivot Chart by Brand
Pivot Chart by Geography
Key Asian Countries
Central & Eastern Europe
Key European Countries
Central & Latin America
Key Central & Latin America Countries
Middle East & Africa
Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Shobhit Srivastava
Date Published: August 2018
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org