- Global Handset Sell-in & Sell-Through Inclines Further
- October sell-in was 174M vs sell through of 168.5M. The gap is reducing showing sell-through is improving as the holiday seasons come.
- Most regions showed growth against last month except for Japan and Korea. India showed extremely strong sales as the Diwali festival took place in October.
- China is also improving as 5G starts in the market. Huawei is showing an extreme jump in sell-in shipments in China. Huawei’s global sales are holding steady as the sales lost in other regions are offset by China sales.
- November might be a better month for Huawei as the Singles day and 5G promotions await them.
- Apple Registers Strong Growth, Samsung Growth Modest While Huawei Declines Marginally
- Apple gained 17.6% MoM and 13% YoY driven by new iPhone sales. iPhone 11 alone accounted for one-third of total Apple sales during the month.
- Samsung sell-through grew 4.5% MoM and 2.5% YoY. A series offset the marginal decline caused by softening demand of flagship devices after the iPhone launch.
- Huawei was down 2.1% MoM, but it grew 7.5% YoY. Huawei has reached same level as it was a year ago in Europe. The ban setback impacted the sales only during Jun-Aug period, although that too was offset by strong performance in China.
- Apple Gains Further in Ultra-Premium & Premium Price Band
- Ultra-premium $800+ price band was driven by higher end iPhone models, particularly iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max. Sell- through of both models inclined more than 150% MoM. Samsung contribution to this price band was lower as flagship model sales slowed down this month.
- Premium $600-$799 price band gained further. iPhone 11 sales dominated this price band accounting for more than half of the total sales in this price band. Mate 30 Pro was a distant second to iPhone 11.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Global Mobile Handset Market Analysis
- Country-Level Smartphone Market Analysis
- Global Hardware Feature Analysis
Author: Hanish Bhatia
Number of Pages: 39
Published Date: December 2019
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org