Monthly Market Pulse - June 2016
Please find herewith the June 2016 edition of the Counterpoint Research Market Pulse covering the global sales in May 2016.
- The handset market recovered somewhat in May with both Sell-Through and Sell-In materially higher.
- Global market share figures remained relatively stable. However, this apparent stability masked some dramatic shifts at the country level.
- Apple’s key developer conference took place 13-17 June in San Francisco. It made wide ranging updates to its software platforms across almost all of its hardware devices, but stopped short of making any incremental hardware announcements.
- On Thursday June 23rd, the UK electorate delivered a shock result to the UK’s referendum about staying in or leaving the European Union; a close vote was expected, but for a ‘remain’ vote. The long term impacts are unclear, but likely negative.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Monthly Research Topic
- Apple WWDC
- Country Brief: Spain
- Country Brief: UK post ‘Brexit’ vote
- The Market
- Market Sizing
- Demand and Supply
- O/S landscape
- Market by Price band
- Competitive Landscape
- Country Analysis: US/China/India
- Market share by Price band
- Vendor Analysis: revenue structures
- Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
Number of Pages: 48 (Full reports are available for clients at our portal)
Author: Peter Richardson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published Date: June 2016