Monthly Market Pulse - April 2017
Please find herewith the April 2017 edition of the Counterpoint Research Market Pulse.
- Counterpoint analysts attended IoT World in Santa Clara this month as part of our developing coverage on the IoT sector. Security stood out as the critical issue – underscored by the worldwide damage caused by the Wanna Crypt attack. Other themes discussed at the event highlighted the maturing IoT market that is now moving its focus from cost minimization to new sources of revenue.
- Both sell-in and sell-through were under pressure in April. Few significant catalysts were evident and none sufficient to drive an uptick in sales. The Galaxy S8 coming too late in the month to drive significant sell-through, though it did soften the fall in sell-in to some degree.
- With growing rumour and expectation around the forthcoming iPhone launches – even extending to iPhone 9, Apple could well experience a more profound slow down in sales ahead of its traditional September new product launch.
- The other fast growing brands Huawei, Oppo and Vivo (HOV) enjoyed mixed fortunes in April. Huawei gained share in a number of markets as its new P10 and Mate 9 products perform well. However both Oppo and Vivo experienced a softening in their market positions.
Table of Contents:
Monthly Research Topic
- Trends and predictions
- Market Sizing - Demand and Supply
- O/S landscape
- Market by Price band
- Country Analysis: US/China/India
- Market share by Price band
- Vendor Analysis: revenue structures
Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
Number of Pages: 56 (Full reports are available for clients at our portal)
Author: Counterpoint (email@example.com)
Published Date: May 2017