The transition to ‘smart factories’ enabled by the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) will have significant implications for virtually all manufacturing companies.
This Viewpoint looks at the current use of IIoT in smart factories with a particular focus on discrete manufacturing. An overview of IIoT applications is provided together with a review of the IIoT manufacturing ecosystem and key players. Finally, a number of case studies are presented which demonstrate state-of-the-art applications of IIoT in different manufacturing sectors today.
Table of Contents:
- The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- IIoT Use Cases in Manufacturing
- Key Drivers and Market Trends
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- The IIoT EcoSystem
- Key Business Issues and Challenges
- Case Studies
- Our Viewpoint
Number of Pages: 24
Author: Peter (email@example.com)
Published Date: May 2017