• Global mobile phone shipments reached 496 million units globally in Q1 2018 with a YoY growth of 6% driven by growth in featurephone shipments.
• Global smartphone shipments reached 360 million units in Q1 2018 with 3% annual decline due to a slow-down in developed markets where replacement cycles are lengthening with overall smartphone features and design reaching its peak.
• LTE remains the fastest growing segment as the total LTE capable smartphone shipments grew 11% YoY to reach 362 million units.
• LTE is the number one cellular access technology driven by entry to mid-level smartphones in emerging markets. Infact LTE featurephone reached over record 22 million units for the first time.
• Reliance Jiophone captured 91% of the Global 4G featurephone market during the quarter. The demand for JioPhone continued through Q1 2018 as Reliance Jio’s feature phone market share raced from 0% last year to 36% in Q1 2018 in India.
• LTE has now replaced 3G smartphones even in sub $50 segment.
• Almost 95% of the smartphones shipped globally now are LTE capable. With LTE now being a default technology in entry-level smartphones, we have witnessed the growth of VoLTE phones in sub $100 segment as operators are now offering VoLTE services in the emerging markets.
Table of Content:
Pivot Chart by Brand
Pivot Chart by Geography
Key Asian Countries
Central & Eastern Europe
Key European Countries
Central & Latin America
Key Central & Latin America Countries
Middle East & Africa
Key Middle East & Africa Countries
Author: Shobhit Srivastava
Date Published: May 2018
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org