- Topical Report: This year’s MWC showcased improved smartphone technologies like in-display fingerprint readers, AI-powered cameras, and slimmer bezels along with new design trends of “notch” displays. Nokia and many ecosystem players showcased their 5G capabilities following the Winter Olympics. Several operators put forward aggressive roll-out plans for 5G.
Global February Sell in and Sell through were both weak compared to the previous month. Global sell-in fell sequentially in February. This is an expected market correction scenario following weak sell-through in December and January. This is the combined effect of seasonality along with slower replacement rates in many countries.
Handset wholesale ASPs fell sequentially following the decline in ultra-premium tier sales and an increase in the share of entry-level smartphones in emerging countries like India and some African countries.
Table of Contents:
- Key Takeaways
- Monthly Research Topic
- Emerging Tech Opportunities
- Global Market Status
- Market Sizing – Demand & Supply / Price band
- Market Share – Vendor / Price band
- Major Country Landscape
- US Market Landscape
- China Market Landscape
- India Market Landscape
- Trends in Features and Specs
- Hardware trends and feature adoption rates
- Average feature sets
- Vendor market share by feature set
Number of Pages: 62 (Full reports are available for clients at our portal)
Author: Counterpoint (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published Date: March 2018
If you are interested in purchase, please contact us at email@example.com